Berean Baptist Church is a Bible-based, LOVING Church who make all who attend feel welcome and wanting to return!As a Church Family, we firmly believe in having Core Values which are expressly defined as:
- Loyalty to the Lord, His Church, and His people.
- You Cannot Serve God and Riches - "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth." ~ Matthew 6:24
- As Christians, we must live a life which enjoys and demonstrates God's Grace. What is a life of Grace if it isn't demonstrated and lived with joy?
- Recognize that every activity of the Church is under the Lordship of Christ. Prayer is a mainstay for all Church activities. "Commit your works to the Lord And your plans will be established." ~ Proverbs 16:3, "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." ~ Matthew 6:33
- We ask and are led by the Holy Spirit.
- Our leadership in all things must exemplify Godly character.
- We are driven to reach all people, by all means, for Jesus Christ and as such have a strong responsibility to community service as part of our church.
- Our calling and our message is always developed on a Biblical foundation.
«Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.» Book of Ephesians 5:1-2As a means to facilitate our Core Values we:
- Place a high priority on ministry.
- Sustain ministries with tithes and offerings. "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this,” says the Lord of hosts, “if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows." ~ Malachi 3:10
- Have a strong sense of loving others and having a loving church family. "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." ~ John 13:34-35
- Constantly evaluate our ministries as an effort to make all aspects of the church relevant to the culture we are attempting to reach.
- Have an openness to a variety of Biblical-based Worship styles where God's presence is experienced.
- Have a responsibility to keep the Church property attractive and in good repair.
- We give God the Glory in ALL He does through us!
Meet Our Servant Driven Team
Things we must do:
- As members, we must be willing to serve God and each other in Love. Church members should always reflect who we are to the community.
- Let the light that God puts on our Church shine in the community. The community must know who we are and what God has called us to do.
- Communicate our Call to Service so that it is clear what we provide and can do to assist our community.
- Continue with a strong emphasis on Outreach, Vacation Bible School (VBS), Sunday School and Mission offerings.
- Provide quality Bible Study for men and women in an open format for all to attend.
- As a Church, we must have Empowering Leadership, Gift-oriented Ministries, Inspiring Worship Service and Loving Relationships.
- Be a Church of Prayer.